How BreezeBlockers work - the proof and benefits
We know from our own experience that using BreezeBlockers hand and foot shields really do keep you warm and dry in all conditions but we don't expect you just to take our word for it! We have conducted aerodynamic wind tunnel tests at Durham University and climatic wind tunnel tests at Teesside University to get the best out of our designs and demonstrate the benefits scientifically.
results of the research
In high wind speeds* and cold weather conditions**
Breezeblockers may offer the following benefits:
digitally enhanced photographs of the wind tunnel testing
- More aerodynamic than gloved hands alone at a wind speed of 35mph*
- More aerodynamic in cross winds*
- Induce significantly lower levels of perceived exertion**
- Lower blood lactate levels which may allow you to train for longer**
- Greater perceived local thermal effect**
- Greater degree of hand movement without the need for bulky gloves**
* Durham University aerodynamic wind tunnel testing at speeds up to 60mph(2009)
**Teesside University climatic wind tunnel testing at -2°C wind chill factor (2010)
how the shields work
BreezeBlockers hand and foot shields are waterproof and insulate the hands and feet. Tests have shown that hand temperature can increase at a faster rate when using the shields.
(1) waterproof and windproof shields protect both hands and feet with a physical barrier.
(2) Heat generated by the hands and feet is reflected by the shield and creates a warm pocket of air keeping you warmer and drier for longer.
(3) Improved aerodynamics channels the wind over your hands, feet and around the thighs, reducing wind resistance.
The Thermal Benefits of our Shields
- BreezeBlockers 'Road' hand & foot shields prevent the hands and feet from getting cold - gloves are less saturated with water.
- Heat generated by the hands is reflected by the shield and creates a warm pocket of air keeping you warmer and drier for longer.
- Any water that does accumulate is allowed to drain away easily.
The Aerodynamic Benefits of our Shields
- BreezeBlockers shields divert wind over the hands, wrists and forearms, reducing the wind chill factor.
- BreezeBlockers shields divert wind from your thighs and may reduce the wind chill factor and keep your thigh warmer.
- Improved aerodynamics especially in high wind speeds and cross winds.
- BreezeBlockers 'MTB/commuter' shields offer impact protection to your hands from bushes/ branches.
- BreezeBlockers 'MTB/commuter' shields offer impact protection to your bike components.
wind tunnel testing
climate control testing at -2°C wind chill factor
lactate/VO2 Max Baseline testing
Buy online now
Our flagship product, the "Aero Range" is ready to order from this site. Start enjoying the benefits of warm hands and feet now.buy now!
Which shield is right for you?
If you are unsure which shield is best suited for your needs you can compare our products to help you make up your mind.compare shields
Got a question?
We are happy to answer any questions you might have regarding all aspects of our products and service.contact us
Why not just use gloves?
BreezeBlockers hand and foot shields offer significant advantages when compared to using "traditional" methods of keeping warm.find out why